“Appearing more beautiful, attractive, and youthful, while staying true to yourself – that is the art.”
Through my extensive experience as a plastic surgeon, I have learned a great deal from my patients. I know precisely how tissue reacts under different circumstances and also what possibilities and limits my area of expertise possesses. I believe the rise of modern and effective, yet gentle non-surgical procedures for face and body represents a great advance in my field.
My goal for the facial area is to enhance the attractiveness of characteristic facial expressions and to maintain the improvements for as long as possible. In other words, the aim is to turn back time and slow the aging process. To achieve this, a personalized treatment program customized for the individual patient is key. The outcome is natural, yet noticeable.
- Degree in Medicine at the University of Basel and Sydney, Australia
- General Surgery, Basel Cantonal Hospital, Bruderholz
- Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital University Hospital Berne
- Plastic Surgery, Inselspital University Hospital Berne
- Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Zurich
- Senior Physician in Aesthetic Surgery and Breast Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Germany
- 1994 — Swiss final exam leading to award of MD
- 1995 — American final exam (USMLE I/II)
- 2001 — Swiss Specialist (FMH) in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- 2003 — European Specialist Qualification: European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS)
- 2003 — German Specialist in Plastic Surgery
- 2004 — Swiss Specialist Qualified (FMH) as Specialist in Hand Surgery
- 2006 — Facelifting, Beverly Hills, USA, Dr. Garth Fisher, MD
- 2006 — Facelifting, San Francisco, USA, Dr. Timothy Marten, MD
- 2015 — Facelifting, Beverly Hills, USA, Dr. Garth Fisher, MD
“I would like to express my thanks to you here for the very subtle and genuine way in which you deal with people. I have had to do with various doctors in my lifetime, and I must say you have a very pleasant way about you. I felt really well looked after; keep up the good work!”Mrs. A., Switzerland
Our practices in Basel and Zurich offer the greatest degree of privacy. Surgical procedures are performed exclusively in private clinics specially equipped for this purpose. This ensures optimal safety and enables operations to be performed in state-of-the-art conditions, also allowing the option of staying overnight.
Preliminary discussions, non-surgical procedures and aftercare are provided at our modern practice on Freie Strasse. In a central location not far from the railway station, the practice is easy to reach by both public and private transport.
This practice, located at Bahnhofstrasse 52, offers clients that prefer to stay or live in Zurich the option of having their consultation before surgery or aftercare appointments locally. The practice is centrally located and easy to reach.
“I recommend you absolutely and gladly to all your existing and future patients.”Mrs. E., Switzerland
Dr. Kathrin Cierpka, MD, is a member of the most important national and international societies in the field. She is proficient in advanced techniques and attends international courses and conferences on a regular basis.